Monday 14 October 2024

The Power of the Gulf State Investment Funds.

I've blogged a number of times the amount of power the Gulf State Investment funds (GSIF) wield within the UK. They own a significant proportion of the UK through various funds and companies. Through those investments they wield an incredible amount of power and influence.

It's in the news that DP World, the owners of Tilbury Port pulled 1 Billion pounds of investment in the port over comments that the Labour Party have said regarding P&O Ferries, another company owned by DP World.

The row has now been settled and DP World have agreed to continue as previously planned, but this is the first time that the power GSIFs hold over the UK Government has become mainstream.

I don't know how to put it, but the words I commit to the ether here on my blog are not random musings of some nutter. I have analysed and watched in practice the things that I blog about.

The normal person doesn't understand the machinations of government going on behind the scenes. And to be honest, I don't understand all of them. I do know the various areas I've investigated though.

But do believe me when I say that globalism has not benefitted this country at all. It has benefitted those that seek to exploit the people at the bottom of the pile. But it has over the decades made the lives of those at the bottom of the social scale a whole lot worse. Now it's affecting the middle class, you can see the likes of the Reform Party making headway against the mainstream parties, but do they truly understand the reasons for the demise of this country over the decades? 

We need to get back to a closed shop. Earn money here, pay tax here, don't want to pay tax here? Invest here. Start to contribute to the country and you'll be allowed to take a small portion of the profit out of the country.

Do you work here and send all your money to your family in another country? Tough. You'll get taxed on it as badly as I'd tax a company stripping assets here and sending the proceeds abroad.

We need to stop the money leaving this country. We need to start making things here, investing profits here, improving the lives of workers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment