Friday 10 May 2024

In my opinion, the boss of British Gas Chris O'Shea appears to be the sort of climate fascist who wants everyone to be forced into doing things in the name of the climate. Yeah just like the Nazis make Germany a better place in the 1930s. It's amazing what authoritarian depths you can plumb when you think you're do9ing the right thing. 

You know, those smart meters that burst into flames because they employ cheap installers to put them in, the Smart Meters that read the Wrong sensor, or the power company can use to switch tariffs without telling the customer.

Sorry, but I won't be having one any time soon thanks.

And that should be my choice. There's no benefit to me to have a smart meter, because I don't need it. I make the choices about fitting energy saving bulbs (which I have because it already makes my bills lower). 

But Chris O'Shea is the sort of fascist type hat wants to force everyone, against their will to have smart meters installed. No consideration of choice, no mention of benefits, like reductions on our bill, especially if it benefits the energy company. I'm the sort of customer a smart meter doesn't benefit, so where's my incentive?

Pay me to have one? 10% off my bill? 

Nah, send the smart meter Gestapo round to kick in my doors and fit a smart meter against my will. 

Fuck you Chris, you fucking Nazi.

Just remember kids: authoritarianism is not a good thing even if you think it's for the right reason... Because when it becomes authoritarian, you've just lost your argument. NOTHING is worth  the loss of freedom. And certainly nothing warrants the authority to break into your house and fit a device against your will. What next? A 24-hour a day camera watching your every move? Microphones listening in to your conversations in case you say something prohibited?

No comments:

Post a Comment