Thursday 8 September 2022

Teacher Sent to Jail for Not Agreeing to Use Correct Pronouns??

 Interesting case here: I’d rather stay in prison for a century than play by these transgender rules, says jailed teacher (msn.com)

The teacher has been sent to jail for contempt of court for turning up for work even though he'd had an injunction served on him, rather than actual misgendering, but I admire his principled stance. He's standing up for what he believes in.

I love how at the end of the article it quotes the school as saying "No one is being forced to do anything". But yet the teacher sits in jail until he complies. 

I find it interesting that a school has suspended a teacher for refusing to use preferred pronouns on a child he's not even teaching, but then resorts to the courts to stop him turning up for work. 

To be honest I'd just walk away and let the school sink in their woke morass, but that's just me. I guess he loved his job.


No comments:

Post a Comment