Wednesday 17 November 2021

Liverpool Bombing: Don't Let the Security Services Tell You They Didn't Know.

I did mention on my post about the murder of Sir David Amess MP that I'd heard on the grapevine weeks ago that a terror attack was imminent. I can't for obvious reasons go into why I know that, or how I had that information. 

I do also know that there is a credible threat of a set-piece terror attack involving more than one person. The sort of attack I've been warning against for the best part of a decade. 

I will still attend Christmas Markets this year, but I will be more vigilant than usual as the Mrs browses the stalls. 

Sadly the credible threat that the security services hope to neutralise with the use of armed Police at Christmas Markets will not stop the terrorists. Not unless every market or shopping mall has airport-style security at the entrances. 

A bomber would be happy taking just half a dozen people with him (or her: the threat of a female suicide bomber is very real) and to do that it only takes a split-second. Plod with guns can't react to that. 

So be wary out there people!

This is a public service announcement.

Anyway, now to the point of this post: the security services knew in advance of the threat in Liverpool. They knew very quickly who he was and it's now been revealed that he was purchasing bomb-making equipment as far back as April. 

You can't tell me that a person known to the security services (don't give me the bullshit he wasn't of concern) was allowed to buy bomb-making equipment for the best part of a year. I assume he mustn't have tested his skills because the bomb was thankfully a dud. But still the security services had ample intel and time to do something about it. But they didn't.

So ask yourselves: Why Not?

No comments:

Post a Comment