Thursday 27 August 2020

False Entitlement: The Problem with BLM, Trans and Other Activist Organisations

 The recurring theme coming out of the BLM movement and their spokespeople is one of institutional racism, or ingrained racism, or some term that defines a hampering of their ability to do the same jobs as white people just because of skin colour.

It's entirely bogus of course. There have been laws against such practices for decades and if a person of colour can prove such a thing has occurred, then they have the full force of the legal profession behind them in seeking redress.

However, it doesn't happen, because well, it doesn't happen.

What BLM and a lot of these new activist organisations seek is False Entitlement. They want things they are not entitled to. Black people don't want equality: they already have that. They want an "easy in" to any job they so chose to select, just because. Brain Surgeon? No problem sir, we'd be glad to accept you and you can just bypass all of that hard work and years of study, just go right ahead and open up Mr Smith's skull and crack on.

That's maybe an extreme example, but it illustrates the type of thinking that BLM and the like have. They don't want equality, they want more. To get that and to "guilt shame" the rest of us, they'll dredge up any number of reasons why they should get preferential treatment. Slavery being the current reason, but others have been systemic racism, or instructional racism. No proof needed, just give me what I think I'm due, because history.

BLM want nice houses, want good jobs, want lots of money. Well, you know what? Go out and fucking EARN them. Stop your kids skipping school, stop your kids stabbing each other, stop gangs, stop petty criminality in your communities.

Drag YOURSELVES out of the cesspit you are in. If your area is a cesspit, then MOVE. YOU have to change the situation YOU find yourself in.

I've done it a couple of times now. I was up North getting paid low wages for what should have been a well paid job in computers. I moved to Oxford to get the salary I deserved and also to get myself and my family out of the cesspit that is Greater Manchester. I didn't claim any form of entitlement to that job, I learned my stuff, put the time in, got the experience and made the move. I did that. I didn't wait for someone to tell me I was entitled to a better job and just hand it to me. I went out and got it.

The downside to doing that was the fact I also faced prejudice, despite my so-called "White Privilege". You be a Northerner with a Northern accent working down South, working in high technology. See, hear and feel the prejudice. "What University did you go to?" was an all too common question. Just as with the colour of people's skin, I was rated by my education or lack of it. Despite years of provable experience.

So don't talk to me about my privilege.  I know pregudice.

And this is what galls me about BLM. They want it all, without putting in the work, they want an easy ride. They want representation in all spheres of life without getting there on merit. If you want more black brain surgeons, make sure your kids to well at school and have a stable home life. Make sure they get educated and go on to attain and get there on Merit. Don't claim entitlement falsely without doing the work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment