Saturday 27 October 2012

The Bank Bailout: How Have we Benefitted?

Its been a few years now since the credit crunch and Gordon Brown was forced by his mates to hand over large wads of cash to stave off a huge recession.

But the thing is, we still had the recession, the prophecies of doom and gloom the banks used to leverage billions out of the government have still come to pass, so all in all, what did we the taxpayer gain?

Would letting the early failing banks go to the wall signalled to them a wake up call to be more prudent?

All I know is I'm suffering economically, while the rich get richer and not by the slimmest of margins can I see  any benefit coming out of the bank bailout.

Is there anyone out there that can explain how I'm better off, or how worse off I'd be if we didn't pump billions into the bankrupt banks?

No comments:

Post a Comment