Wednesday 1 June 2022

Forced Medical Procedures: Shouldn't the Person Forcing You to Have Them Indemnify You Against Sdie Effects?

 Me and the Mrs have a cruise to Amsterdam booked for July.

One of the requirements of the trip is that you are supposed to have had a Covid Vaccination or booster within the previous 270 days of boarding the ship.

Now my Covid status as far as air travel is concerned is that I've had two jabs and I'm good to go. But that's not good enough for P&O.

Effectively they are forcing me to have a medical procedure in order to "enjoy" their facilities. Now of course there's the point of view that if you don't want to comply, then don't book it. But on the other hand, Covid restrictions are relaxing all over the world and given the rules for international travel to other countries has relaxed, really the cruise companies should follow suit.

Ah well, I suppose I'm now going to have to suck up the inevitable side effects of the jab. But really, if P&O are coercing me into having the jab, surely they should be liable for any financial or physical effects of that jab. I mean, no medical procedure whether it's vaccination or heart surgery is without risk. 

So surely the person making you go through the procedure should indemnify you against that risk?

I just wonder how quickly the rules would change if P&O or any company doing the same were held liable to cover lack of earnings if the jab made you ill, or life cover if you died as a result?

You see, it's all very well these companies glibly handing down rules without regard for the individual consequences, but really they need to be held liable for something so serious.

I can understand dress codes etc. but they are not medical interventions and as far as I'm aware have never killed or disabled anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment