Wednesday 15 September 2021

Conservative Worker's Party?

 I just want to know, where is the political party that stands up for worker's rights and also has conservative values? Where is the CWP?

For instance, there needs to be a party that does something about issues such as zero hours contracts and other abuses of workers right's by large employers, but that is also against the importation of cheap labour legally or illegally. 

It needs to be tough on big corporations and their ability to avoid tax by offshoring corporation tax, but also on abuses of the welfare system.

It needs to be able to protect our borders, it needs to support the armed services and it needs to support the working class. It needs to be for Britain, for British culture, for British identity and patriotism. It should not promote foreign cultures  whilst ignoring the majority culture in the country. 

I could go on.

But it's quite clear the white, working class majority in this country are not represented by any political party. Labour abhor British values and culture. The conservatives are too in bed with the large corporations (as are Labour to a slightly lesser extent).

I want a party that with curb the influence and money of the big corporate lobbyists. I would make it illegal to walk straight from government into a big-paying corporate job. 

I would abolish zero hours contracts.

I would work to realign wages and welfare, such that the cost to move from welfare to work is more attractive. Welfare is only a safety net, not a lifestyle. If that means taking the lowest paid out of income tax, so be it. That would be offset by bringing in legislation to prevent offshoring corporation tax. You earn it in the UK, then you pay it in the UK. Irrespective of whether you have a head office in Ireland, Luxembourg or the Bahamas, I'd make it law that the money you earn here is subject to tax payable here, not abroad.  

I have more ideas on what I would do if I lead this hypothetical party. I think this could lead into a  series on the lines of the CVovid-19 one. 

I'm certain there will be more to follow.







No comments:

Post a Comment