Thursday 16 July 2020

COVID-19: Epithelial & EndothelialAttacker Part II

Well, I'm sort of the case study when it comes to COVID attacking endothelial cells in the arteries and causing blood clots.

Obviously I had the symptoms back in March0-ish, with no real effects other than the temperature for a day and a month's worth of irritated eyes.

But three weeks ago I had a heart attack. Luckily quite mild, only noticeable by a blood test. But the chest pains were real enough.

In fairness I had a couple of narrowings of arteries, but nothing excessive according to the surgeons.

But I guess a rogue blood clot got down the wrong artery and caused a bit of trouble.

I assume a blood clot caused by compromised endothelial cells in a blood vessel somewhere, caused by COVID-19. After all I've had no issues in the past. All other chest pains have been false alarms (given my family history regarding heart issues, I alays get checked out), plus I was already on blood thinners from the mini strokes I had seven years ago.

I can only put it down to the increased risk of blood clots from COVID-19.

If I'm a case study, then it will be interesting to see the stats on strokes and hearts attacks over the next few years compared to pre-COVID levels.

As I've said before, the absolutely safest thing is to not catch the bloody virus in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment