Monday 11 May 2020

COVID-19: Yet Another Bat to Hit The Government With.

It's no wonder government ministers don't give out details to the press any more.

No sooner had Boris issued his thoughts that people can go back to work if possible and sunbathe instead of keeping moving when outside, then the press went into overdrive.

There's no detail, it's dangerous, it's giving mixed messages, it puts the Police in an impossible position, and so the press jump on the minister-bashing waggon.

The details as such are supposed to be released after the PM has signalled the intent. But no, the press have to have a go. Create a drama out of nothing.

I'd love to do one of those press conferences. I have a lovely line in passive-aggressive replies. The "I don't want to insult your intelligence, but..." (the "but" signifying I definitely am about to insult your intelligence, but you asked for it) is always a good starter when you get a rhetorical or idiotic question.

At the COVOD-19 press conferences we get the same questions over and over. I think ministers should just reply "I've already answered that question, do you have another?" Too bad if the journalist missed the previous reply.

That's why people turn to alternative voices on YouTube. I've got more COVID-19 information out of Dr John Campbell the any other source. I've linked to him before, but he deserves another mention and link.

His YouTube beats the media hands down for useful, authoritative information.


No comments:

Post a Comment