Wednesday 12 September 2018

Sargon of Akkad

I've been blogging for nearly 10 years now. Way back when Labour were fucking things up in a major way and I was forced to put hand to keyboard as a sort of therapy to vent my angst and frustration. Things went a bit wayward on here and I unconciously decided bollocks to it, I'll concentrate more on sailing than politics. But this years especially things have been bugging me again.

I've been happy to use this medium and I get bugger all followers these days since I removed the rants about social workers that started to attract some very ugly comment wars.

Lately I've been looking at YouTube, fascinated by how some of the political commentators on there can actually make a living commentating on politics.

YouTube, Patreon, they're all a bit out there to me. I mean, why would someone pay me to comment on politics? What is their agenda? 

Also, it seems a bit tenuous: voices can to easily be shut down if you depend on a certain revenue stream to do what you do. Far better in my opinion to earn the pittance I do and continue semi-independantly.

Anyway, one of the best moderate, truly liberal voices out there is a chap that goes under the moniker of Sargon of Akkad.  The other thing is he's just joined UKIP just like I have, so well done that man. Fair play to him, he's been to America for Christ's sake, so he must be making good coin out of the "business" of political VLoggiing.

I've just had a tidy up of my links over there---->>> and added him to them. There are other YouTubers out there but most of them seem to be American-biased rather than looking at UK politics. (Lots of Trumping and mentions of MAG hats).

I shall search out some more video sites. It appears to be the way forward. Probably not for a bloke like me with a face for radio and a voice like fingernails down a blackboard, but hey I can still carry on writing....

No comments:

Post a Comment