Monday 22 February 2021

COVID-19: Living After Infection

 Yep, the Couf got me four weeks ago. Someone brought it into the office and we all fell down with it (to paraphrase a nursery rhyme from another plague).

Not the worst experience I've had (I had a Campylobacter Infection once, long ago), but still it wasn't a cakewalk either. I'm just glad that even over 50 I could shrug it off within a fortnight. Keeping up with the Vitamin D supplements alongside supplements for the over 50s, I think helped, and have helped shrug off other infections

I took two weeks off work, and went back last Monday. Still quite weak and don't have much stamina, but I'm getting there.

It took me a whole day yesterday to dismantle a triple wardrobe, carry it to the spare room and re-erect it. Thanks how knackered I am at the moment. 

But at least the cough has almost gone, which is quicker than most. 

The downside is Coffee stills tastes rank. So I'm on water or Vimto. Yep the taste buds are a still a bit wonky.

So I'm not a denier. It does exist. But it isn't quite as bad as the News people make out. It's just like a bad flu that does odd things with your innards. The first indication was chest pains: I assume the stent in my heart was aggravating the lining of my artery. Then it did a number on my internal organs, where my pee went a very dark orange. Luckily my kidneys have recovered. 

So all in all, I've beaten the Couf. Maybe I should get a T-Shirt made.

Have to wait another 14 days before I can have a vaccine if I'm offered, but then again if I've had the bloody virus, what's the point of having a vaccine to prevent me getting it? I should have a Couf-ready immune system.


No comments:

Post a Comment