Monday 19 October 2009

Congratulations to Brawn GP.

Well, they've managed to do it! Brawn GP are Formula 1 the Formula 1 world champions. Congratulations to them and to Ross Brawn, who surely is one of the great men of Formula 1.

Congratulations to Jenson Button, a thoroughly deserving world champion, who has finally had the break he deserved, after having a tough career moving through the ranks, not getting the car he deserved early on in F1 and then sticking with underperforming teams in what some thought was misguided loyalty.

Commiserations to Rubens Barrichello, who contributed so much to the team and repaid the faith Ross Brawn showed in him at the start of the season.

Like I said earlier in the year, I lived not far from Brackley and cheered the local team on through thick and thin. Its just a pity the buggers decided to win the championship after I moved 100 miles away. But to me they're still my local team.

No comments:

Post a Comment